- Born in Ireland to South African dissident parents, Hanno Strydom came to the U.S. in 1997 to study at the Eastman School of Music. During six years at Eastman he received a Fulbright scholarship, earned two degrees in cello performance, won the Cello Concerto Competition, and was awarded the Eastman School Performer’s Certificate. After Hanno moved to Minnesota in 2008, he participated in numerous chamber music collaborations with leading Twin Cities and Midwest regional musicians in performances across Minnesota, Wisconsin and North Dakota. Past performances also included appearances as soloist with the National Symphony and Concert Orchestras of Ireland and the Eastman Philharmonia, and recital and chamber music concerts at Ireland’s National Concert Hall, the Bank of Ireland Arts Center (Dublin), West Cork Chamber Music Festival (Bantry, Ireland), and the Eastman School’s Kilbourn Hall. As a graduate student at Eastman, Hanno served as Teaching Assistant to Professor Steven Doane, marking the beginning of a career as a dedicated music educator. Hanno subsequently served on the faculty of MacPhail Center for Music from 2008–2018, at which point he ceased his musical activities to focus on raising his two boys and supporting his wife in her legal career.
- A fine Contemporary violinMagen Shaul, Israel
- Franz Kinberg, Chicago, 1974Skokie, IL 60076, USA
- Bela Szepessy, London 18961201 Marquette Avenue, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Joseph Bassot, Paris c. 17781201 Marquette Avenue, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Julius J.C. Sauke, Hamburg 18541201 Marquette Avenue, Minneapolis, MN, USA